Wednesday, 11 June 2014

My Disgusting Dinner- Room 8's Writing

A few days ago, I forgot about my dinner at home and ended up with a a horrible, inedible disaster! The whole house filled with smoke, and I still can't get rid of the smell. I came to school and told the Room 8 Rainbows about it and we talked about when we'd all had disgusting dinners. (Some parents will be pleased to know that a few children said they'd never had a disgusting dinner! They did a great job imagining.) We used a Sheena Cameron Planning template to plan in detail, and today we turned our plans into stories. Our goals for today were to use an interesting beginning, put ideas in order and make our story funny to read. Some early finishers got to publish their writing today, and it was very difficult for me to choose which to publish to the blog! They would love your comments and feedback about their writing.

1 comment:

  1. I love those stories. I really enjoyed reading all the descriptive features. It made me think of eating silverbeet when I was younger YUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, Room 8 loves to read them. Make sure you leave your name!